In order to show you have learned from the training, you must also complete all 4 missions. These may sound like massive tasks but if you are taking an active role in your section then you might have completed them already!
Below it explains what you have to do to complete this mission as well as how to get it signed off.
What you have to do
Take the section’s programme ideas to a programme planning meeting.
This mission should include:
- asking the young people in the section to contribute their ideas to the programme
- capturing the ideas and suggestions from the young people and exploring how these could be incorporated into their programme
- attending and contributing to a meeting (e.g. programme planning meeting, leaders’ meeting, District, County/Region or Area meeting)
To complete this mission, you could:
- attend a section planning meeting
- plan and run a meeting (e.g. section planning forum or running activities from the YouShape resources)
- decide who should attend a meeting and invite them along
- organise and run a forum for the young people in your section, gathering their ideas and suggestions, and feeding these back to the section leader
- organise for someone to take notes, minutes or points of action
- any other ideas, subject to agreement with the ESLYL and SLThis could be done in a virtual section meeting too! EvidenceTo show you have completed these tasks we ask you to write a little bit about your experience and upload it to email@example.comFill in the Mission 3 page of your logbook.If you don’t have a logbook then please write an answer to each of the following questions:
- What did you do to gather ideas from the young people? What did you want to achieve?
- How did you turn those ideas into action and feedback the information?
- What did you learn from this task? Why do you involve young people in programme planning?
- What would you do differently next time?
Ensure you label it clearly with your Name and the Mission. We will review and confirm receipt, updating your records and progress within the scheme.
You need to complete this to be signed off.
Thank you for taking the time to do training at home, stay safe